To anyone who hasn’t tried Scouting before, I’d say come on up and have a go! I think that most people don’t really know that Scouting is about activities, friendship and meeting people from other countries. I’ve been in the Movement since I was a Beaver and I still love it!
Let’s face it, by the age of 14, most young people know what they want. Explorer Scouts therefore have a big say in what they do, while being supported by adult volunteers.
- Get to try activities such as power boating, sailing, snow and motor sports
- Deliver campsite services – running activities or helping with site maintenance
- Fundraise and help in the community
- Go on camping expeditions in the UK and abroad
- Go for The Queen’s Scout Award, Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver and Gold and the Explorer Belt (a 10 day challenge abroad) – all recognised by universities and employers
- Train as young leaders – working with an experienced adult, they learn how to run activities for young people aged 6 – 14.